Sunday, February 9, 2014
Lately I've been thinking a lot about waste, more specifically wasted time, wasted energy, and wasted emotions. I've been allowing the things I can't control, control me. Like people and work and the weather and people.
I could tell you that I am not going to let that happen any more but that isn't true. I am a highly emotional, extremely impulsive, terrible with time management, and completely disorganized person.
And I'm never going to change.
But that doesn't mean I can't try...
Here's the new plan:
1. Make a daily to-do list and schedule.
2. Make a weekly dinner meal plan.
3. Be more open to spotting those open doors.
4. Spend more time doing the things I truly love, like reading and running and writing and cooking and spend less time looking for episodes of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on YouTube that I haven't seen yet.
5. Stop being so hard on myself about wasting my life when I could be doing something more productive and go eat warm Rice Krispie Treats straight off the spoon and read the new People magazine. And worry about all this waste tomorrow.