|A totally candid shot of my Mom eating coleslaw.|
Creamy Apples 'n Honey Coleslaw
Don't wait for Rosh Hashanah or a freak out moment like Sari's to make this 'slaw. It's sweet and tart and creamy and easy and quick and good with sandwiches, barbecue, fish, burgers, and more!
|You can find it in the fridge section of |
open-minded grocery stores.
One lemon, cut in half.
1 bag of coleslaw
1 large green apple (or two small)
1/3 + 1 tbsp. mayonnaise (I prefer Veganaise)
1 tbsp. honey
s & p to taste
1. Cut your apple into matchsticks and put them in a large bowl. If you don't know how to cut stuff into matchsticks, click here.
2. Sporadically while cutting the apples, squeeze some lemon juice over them and gently mix it up. This will add a nice tartness to the slaw as well as prevent the apples from turning brown.
3. Once all the apples are cut and doused in lemon juice, toss in the coleslaw mix, the mayo, and the honey. Mix gently but thoroughly. It'll look a little dry at this point but don't worry. Cover it, put it in the fridge for an hour, and wait for the magic to happen.
4. After at least an hour, mix it up and taste, adjusting the salt, pepper, mayo, and honey as you see fit.
5. Serve and receive praise.
|I know it's not that most gorgeous picture. |
Keep in mind that I only took the picture after my sister suggested the blog post and thus, the coleslaw had already been served and stuff.
*** for all you skeptics out there who are wondering why I'm making posters instead of teaching, you should know that it was my prep period.