This is not an opinion, this is a fact.
I have had women come up to me at the gym asking how to get legs like mine. I tell them they need to be born to my mother. You see, at the age of 6*, my mom has great legs, too.
Why am I telling you this? Because according to a recent suvery out of London, England, at the age of 37, I am too old to be wearing a mini skirt.
|Yes, these are my legs. And those are my super-high heels. And that is my mini skirt. |
You should know that the gardener thought my sister and I were insane when we were taking this picture.
With that in mind, I have compiled a list of the top 10 other things I should be "too old" for.
But I do not concede.
10. Big Macs. With Fries. I love 'em. 'Nuff said.
9. Ferris Beuller's Day Off. I laughed my ass on when I first saw it in the theatre 20 years ago and I still laugh just as hard every year when I watch it with my class.
8. Being amazed by the simple thing in nature, like giant thunderstorms, the ocean, rainbows, and plants growing. How do beanstalks always manage to find something to cling to? I still love squatting down and looking at bugs and watching spiders spin their webs.
7. Tattoos. I got my first one at 32, my second at 35, my third at 36 and I still love them all. And I would get another...if the right opportunity presented itself.
6. Picture books. In my opinion, it is just as challenging to write a successful picture book as it is to write a novel...and they always make me smile.
5. Cheesy reality TV. Extreme couponing, the Real Housewives, Jersey Shore. Couldn't think of a better way to spend a rainy TV day.
4. Being afraid of the dark. Ok, that one I wish I was too old for that one. But I'm not. I also still believe in ghosts...which is why I am still afraid of the dark.
3. Running fast & running well. I overheard two university-age track stars talking about whether or not they should try to run a marathon. The younger of the two said that she should because "she's at the perfect age to build speed and endurance and that it'll all start slowing down in the next few years." Are you for real? I am way faster at 37 than I was at 27, or 17 for that matter!
2. Getting the kind of butterflies that only come with being in love.
1. Sloppy Joes. Just like Billy Madison, I like 'em sloppy. I made these tonight. While wearing my miniskirt. And they were so insanely good that I had to go out and buy more meat and make more immediately.
|The completed Sloppy Joe. |
A thing of Beauty...before it got sloppy.