|Luke Arthur Friedman Born January 14, 2011. |
A good day.
4. Notice things like the nail polish that she wears to match her dress, her new shoes, and the fact that she did her hair differently. Girls (including your mom) like that kind of thing.
5. Don't pick your nose in public. Ever. Even when you are in grade one. Because one day you won't be in grade one and you won't want to be known as Luke-who-used-to-pick-his nose-in-grade-one.
6. As soon as possible, learn how to tie your own shoes and skates. Its not cool to have to take your mom with to a pickup game of hockey at your local rink. Unless she's playing too. Wait, that's even more uncool.
7. Always talk to your mom and dad. Even when it is something that you don't think you can talk to them about. Especially when it is something that you don't think you can talk to them about. They are smart. Really smart. They love you and won't judge you and just want you to be happy and safe.
8. Don't lose your pants. Your cousin, my son Billy, lost his pants once and he has always regretted it for numerous reasons.
9. Ask questions. All the time.
10. Very rarely are moustaches sexy. Unless you are Tom Selleck (ask your dad about him). Don't grow one. Unless it is for a bet or to raise money for charity. Then I guess it is ok.
P.S. There are a lot of other important things that I could say like stay in school, don't do drugs, and be kind, but those are the kinds of things your mom and dad will teach you. For everything else, you can always come to me.