Saturday, September 12, 2009

52 Days to NYC

Wow! This running and working thing is not as easy as it looks! It is hard to work for a whole day at a job where you don't sit down then come home and squeeze in a quality run in between making dinner and spending time with the kids. But I sort of did it. Not the quality run I wanted but any run is better than no run, right?

The good news is that I didn't have to make the big dinner I was thinking I had to make as Billy was with a friend and Maya and Len went to the Hebrew School BBQ. I ended up making myself a leftovers frittata at 8pm. It was so good & easy! Maya kept wandering into the kitchen to take bites and when Billy got home, he had the other half I was thinking I would take for lunch. Hmm. It is funny that they would not have really like any of the things I made separately put together...love it.

The "after run, no one else is home for dinner frittata:

Cut up a left over potato into bite-size chunks (or cook a small potato in the microwave and the cut into small chunks). Heat 1 tsp each better and olive oil in a not-too-big non-stick pan at medium heat. Add in the potato and shake it around so all of the pieces of potato are touching the pan. This is essential for browning.

While this is happening, cut up one scallion (or some chives or a bit of onion or anything else like that) and when the potatoes are browned on one side, throw in the scallion and mix around. While the scallion is cooking, crack 3 eggs along with a shake or two of s & P, into a bowl and whisk.

When the potatoes and onions are almost ready (potatoes golden and scallions soft), add in a 1/4 cup of any cooked green vegetable (I used leftover broccoli) and shake around until it is all distributed evenly.

Pour in the eggs. Using a flexible rubber spatula, push the cooked outer edges of the egg toward the middle and tilt the pan so that the still-liquid egg takes its place. Keep doing this until you can't any more. Turn the heat down to low, throw some shredded cheese on the top, and cover until the eggs are pretty much set and the cheese is melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment